Gold Community Public Commander Keen Forum
    > Other Keen Stuff
        > The Rights Are Mine!
New Topic    Add Reply

Author Comment
Tom Hall
Meep
(4/1/03 4:39 pm)
68.147.124.200
Reply | Edit | Del All
The Rights Are Mine!
That's right ladies and gentlemen. After years and years of trying, id has finally decided to settle for the Keen rights! Expect more info from me soon.

Djaser
Holy Monk Yorp
(4/1/03 4:54 pm)
212.92.76.33
Reply | Edit | Del
Re: The Rights Are Mine!
NOOOOOOOHHHHH Tom has the rights I have no aim anymore in my life Andrew I'm going to end it :( :( :( .

-----Djaser est un nation prétendue neutre mais, dans la réalité, il ne l'est pas car il n'arrête pas d'être envahie par les uns et sauvés par les autres.
Djaser est normalement régie par une féodalité...-----

Xtraverse
Stranded Fish
(4/1/03 4:55 pm)
64.30.37.14
Reply | Edit | Del
Re: The Rights Are Mine!
I expected this coming :lol :lol
However I won't say ;)

KeenRush
Garg
(4/1/03 5:32 pm)
212.246.17.130
Reply | Edit | Del
Re: The Rights Are Mine!
Nice to see you mr. Hall. :)

Greetings from Bloogton Tower!

Frenkel
Vortininja
(4/1/03 7:44 pm)
131.155.209.189
Reply | Edit | Del
Re: The Rights Are Mine!
Is this the real Tom?

Groeten van Frenkel
Visit The Official S&F Prod. Homepage at http://www.sfprod.cjb.net

Frenkel
Vortininja
(4/1/03 7:45 pm)
131.155.209.189
Reply | Edit | Del
Re: The Rights Are Mine!
Oh wait, I get it :) .

Groeten van Frenkel
Visit The Official S&F Prod. Homepage at http://www.sfprod.cjb.net

Xtraverse
Stranded Fish
(4/1/03 8:19 pm)
24.48.163.42
Reply | Edit | Del
Re: The Rights Are Mine!
He winks every 30 seconds ;)

adurdin
Wormouth
(4/1/03 8:54 pm)
144.137.16.106
Reply | Edit | Del
Re: The Rights Are Mine!
That's not *my* Tom Hall...

TheOmegamatic
Vortininja
(4/1/03 9:03 pm)
193.95.242.108
Reply | Edit | Del
Re: The Rights Are Mine!
...suure.

TCL999
Vortininja
(4/1/03 9:18 pm)
63.191.128.249
Reply | Edit | Del
Re: The Rights Are Mine!
Nice to see you again :p I think this happened last time as well, didn't it?

An A through Z interpretation of Commander Keen: The Keencyclopedia

Tom Hall
Meep
(4/1/03 9:47 pm)
68.147.124.200
Reply | Edit | Del
Re: The Rights Are Mine!
I'm disappointed that most of you don't seem to believe who I am. I guess only time will convince you.

LinkTempletonTM
Vortininja
(4/1/03 11:31 pm)
205.188.209.103
Reply | Edit | Del
Hee hee hee
You all are extremely gullable :D

Keengamer
Commander Keen Mad
(4/2/03 12:25 am)
203.123.64.150
Reply | Edit | Del
The Rights Are Mine!
is that really tom hall?

eK
Isonian
(4/2/03 12:55 am)
143.109.91.236
Reply | Edit | Del
Re: The Rights Are Mine!
Look, let me set things straight, okay.

From: tom@monkeystone.com
To: ek@drigon.com
Subject: <no subject>

Can you send me the URL for the Commander Keen message board, I'd like to make an announcement to the Keen community concerning Keen's future.
--Tom

------------------------------------
Tom Hall
President, Monkeystone Games
www.monkeystone.com

First off, I'd like to point out that I've talked to Tom on a few occasions, and I tried to get him to come here, but he didn't seem interested. He sent this to me about a week ago, but since I almost never check my drigon account (the old one I used to email him) I just got it yesterday. I sent him back the URL, and heard the good news just now.

Anyway, there you go. Good news eh?

I don't think Keen 3D is likely, considering the size and scope of Monkeystone right now, but I'm sure whatever they do will be good.

/edit/
one extra thing - I changed his member status... it's a bit more fitting than Meep... (though, who knows if he'll post again)

Edited by: eK at: 4/2/03 1:02:14 am
Keengamer
Commander Keen Mad
(4/2/03 1:02 am)
203.123.64.150
Reply | Edit | Del
Re: The Rights Are Mine!
posted by Frenkel
Quote:
Is this the real Tom?

i don't think this is so

id owns the rights.

They are not giving them up as far as I know.

face it everyone iD will never give tom the rights to keen

ceilick
Vortininja
(4/2/03 2:58 am)
207.252.227.7
Reply | Edit | Del
Re: The Rights Are Mine!
Normally i mite believe it, but since its april fools day, I dont.

Scizor CT
Council Janitor
(4/2/03 3:07 am)
65.82.174.134
Reply | Edit | Del
Re: The Rights Are Mine!
Quote:
Look, let me set things straight, okay.

From: tom@monkeystone.com
To: ek@drigon.com

[...]

I'd love to believe you, but it is April Fool's Day.

My Remixes: Here! Click here!

Forge315
Grand Intellect
(4/2/03 4:39 am)
68.106.137.215
Reply | Edit | Del
.
Have any of you see the joke about DNF at 3Drealms? Pretty funny, :lol

Djaser, I don't get you? :korath

Too Much Spare Time
King Slug
(4/2/03 5:37 am)
203.97.2.243
Reply | Edit | Del
OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG
We are watching history unfold, people! This day shall be remembered for all time, as April the First, 2003, the day when Tom Hall finally g-

Wait a minute........

Oh, very clever, Tom. Yes, VERY CLEVER. ;) :D

KeenRush
Garg
(4/2/03 2:36 pm)
212.246.17.130
Reply | Edit | Del
Re: OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG
Let's hope he visits this place next year too! I wonder why he always comes here that day, but maybe he's just busy with all those games..

Greetings from Bloogton Tower!

Djaser
Holy Monk Yorp
(4/2/03 2:40 pm)
212.92.76.33
Reply | Edit | Del
Re: OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG
Last year Andrew made this joke too :p

-----Djaser est un nation prétendue neutre mais, dans la réalité, il ne l'est pas car il n'arrête pas d'être envahie par les uns et sauvés par les autres.
Djaser est normalement régie par une féodalité...-----

KeenRush
Garg
(4/2/03 2:46 pm)
212.246.17.130
Reply | Edit | Del
Re: OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG
I think it was eK this year, but I'm not sure..

Greetings from Bloogton Tower!

Frenkel
Vortininja
(4/2/03 6:25 pm)
131.155.209.89
Reply | Edit | Del
Re: OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG
Why I didn't believe it was the real Tom Hall:
1. His username at John Romero's forums is TomTomTom and not Tom Hall.
2. The legendary picture is outdated. He shaved his head.
3. Why is his emailadres private? I can find it in secondes if you really want it.

Groeten van Frenkel
Visit The Official S&F Prod. Homepage at http://www.sfprod.cjb.net

Tom Hall
The Creator
(4/2/03 9:46 pm)
68.147.124.200
Reply | Edit | Del
Re: OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG
Well, you've caught me!
It was a just an April Fool's prank. :D
As was pointed out, I'm too busy to regularly visit these forums, so don't expect seeing me around here again any time soon. Take care everyone, and thanks for keeping Keen alive for all these years.

-Tom

Scizor CT
Council Janitor
(4/2/03 10:28 pm)
65.82.174.134
Reply | Edit | Del
Re: OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG
So you are the real Tom. Hi. I guess it's also So Long, and Thanks for all the Dopefish. :crazy

EDIT: All of this post is now directed to the real Tom below.

:disguise :freud

Too many Toms...

My Remixes: Here! Click here!

Edited by: Scizor CT at: 4/3/03 3:19:02 am
OrganonTom
Meep
(4/2/03 11:03 pm)
148.63.103.150
Reply | Edit | Del
THE RIGHTS TO KEEN!
Hahahahahahaha.

This is too funny.

But yes, it's an April Fools' Joke.

I don't have time to visit boards, sadly -- I work 12-16 hours a day.

Take care all,
The Real Tom... heh.

P.S. I love all these Emoticons! Anyone make a set for Trillian ever?

----------------------
Tom Hall, Chief Creative Officer
Monkeystone Games
www.monkeystone.com
www.tomtomtom.com

XkyRauh2001
Mortimer's Right Hand Man
(4/2/03 11:07 pm)
205.153.159.252
Reply | Edit | Del
woah!
holy cow--somebody archive this topic... who cares if it was an April Fool's joke... at least the real Tom Hall said hi! :-D *bows before Mr. Hall*

--Xky

Too Much Spare Time
King Slug
(4/2/03 11:40 pm)
203.97.2.242
Reply | Edit | Del
WHAT? THE? FRIBBULUS?
Uh... This is confusing... Will the real Tom Hall please stand up?

eK is Tom Hall! No, wait Nospike is Tom Hall!
I'M TOM HALL!

Whacky.

They're coming to take me away, ha ha... :rollin

eK
Isonian
(4/3/03 12:09 am)
143.109.91.236
Reply | Edit | Del
Re: WHAT? THE? FRIBBULUS?
That really is the REAL Tom. I sent him the URL in an email.

He had nothing to do with the prank, however.